Productversion always 3.3.12.0

Not earth shaking but I noticed that when I compile with version info the file version is as I set it but the productversion always reports 3.3.12.0.  I assume this is because it is getting the version of autoit, not my program.

I tried to search as I thought this was reported before.  But I got no hits.

• Developers

How are you trying to change the version info?

Can you show the directives and SciTE output info generated by F7/Compile?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sure thing:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=HD.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=ds.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Disk Space Info
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.1.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=2015  milesaheadsoftware.org
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1033
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Productname|ds
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Productversion|1.01
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=n

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /NoStatus /prod /in "C:\Source\MyScripts\ds.au3"
+>15:09:43 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_8/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Miles\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Miles\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Source\MyScripts\ds.au3" /out "C:\Users\Miles\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3rxwwdrm.exe" /nopack /icon "C:\Source\MyScripts\HD.ico" /comp 2 /Console
+>15:09:44 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\Miles\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3rxwwdrm.exe. rc:0
>15:09:44 Performing the Program Resource Update steps:
...>Updating Program Version information.
>15:09:44 Program Resource updating finished successfully.
+>15:09:44 Created program:C:\Source\MyScripts\ds.exe
+>15:09:45 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.934

• Developers

Not 100% sure any more, but things changed since WinXP as far as I remember.

The Productname is shown because you have this statement which will that to the resources:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Productname|ds

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, in the first instance in the compile dialog it shows both productname and productversion, but in Explorer productversion is always 3.3.12.0.  The directives are shown in the first screen shot

In the second screen shot I compiled with the directive you suggested.  The Explorer info is now correct.  But the directive is not editable in the compile dialog.

Compile101.PNG

Compile102.PNG

• Developers

Correct, not all directives have been implemented in the GUI. maybe one day when I feel like doing that kind of stuff again. :)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just for my curiosity: did you still have issues setting ProductName and ProductVersion with the shown directives?

By the way: ResHacker.exe is also able to update the resources after the Script is compiled.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Just for my curiosity: did you still have issues setting ProductName and ProductVersion with the shown directives?

By the way: ResHacker.exe is also able to update the resources after the Script is compiled.

Jos

​I tried ResHacker.  I edited both the file version and the product version.  But only the file version shows changed in Explorer.  The string you gave me does show up in Explorer.  This command line utility is quite convenient.  Assuming no bugs pop up that is.  I made a simple batch to set both the file version and product version to the same number.

vx.cmd or whatever name is preferred.

example usage:

vx test.exe 1.0.0.0

@echo off
verpatch "%1" "%2" /pv "%2"