Script that sends commands to a minimized window

Basically I just want to have a program that sends a command to a window that is minimized? Is this possible? If you guys have ever played the game World of Warcraft, i would like a script that sends some keys to that window while it is minimzed, I want to do this to prevent me from getting kicked due to being AFK and having to wait in queue. I just need it to send one or two keys every 60 seconds...

I would like to be able to surf and do other things while this is running.

Welcome to the autoit forums, Fingertips! I do not belive that this is possible with autoit. I am searching the help file and deeply investigating this for I to play world of warcraft and want to finish my warrior bot. if it were possible, it would probably use the code 'Send' to send keystrokes to world of warcraft.

I don't think that this is possible using Minimize, because in order to Send text you need to first use WinActivate to make the window the active window - which will restore the window. Kinda disruptive to getting work done.

Instead, see if you can move the window off screen and send keys to it there. Here is an example:

$title = "Untitled - Notepad"
Run(@WindowsDir & "\notepad.exe")
WinWait($title)
WinMove($title, "", -100, -100, 90, 90)
sleep(5000)
WinActivate($title)
Send("Here is some text!")

WinMove($title, "", 100, 100, 300, 300)

Not all windows like this, and operations like resizing the desktop may cause the window to reappear.

BlueBearrOddly enough, this is what I do for fun.

• Moderators

Does ControlSend() work on ya'lls game? If so, you could use that to keep you in the game while minimized.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Does ControlSend() work on ya'lls game? If so, you could use that to keep you in the game while minimized.

i've used this bit of code to send text and clicks to controls on a window that is minimized to the tray.

ControlSetText("ProgramName", "", "Edit1", "Text" )
ControlClick("ProgramName", "", "Button1")

It is really sad to see a family torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.