How does the Pixel Search Function work?

So I've been playing around is the pixel search function but I don't quite understand how to change the search function to search in a certain area. I'll list the example from the forum below. So if we broke the screen into four halves how could I have the pixel search only search between the two center quarters of the screen. The idea was to minimize the time and usage of searching for a certain pixel. 

; Find a pure red pixel in the range 0,0-20,300
Local $aCoord = PixelSearch(0, 0, 20, 300, 0xFF0000)
If Not @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "X and Y are: " & $aCoord[0] & "," & $aCoord[1])
EndIf

so you dont understand left, top, right, bottom?  or what exactly about the limited area is the issue?

i thought i understood 'four halves', but i do not understand where the 'center quarters' of four halves would be, which makes me think i dont understand four halves.  using the window info tool and specifying the exact area you are trying to capture with coordinates would be easier than word problems.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

The idea was to minimize the time and usage of searching for a certain pixel. 

My question would be, what application is so difficult to manipulate that you're forced to resort to a pixel search? This function is known for its instability; 99% of the time there is a better way.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!