Gotta Love SCCM

• Moderators

Since I recently updated to 2012 R2 I thought I would post a link to my SCCM UDF. Perhaps people searching will find it here more easily than the Examples forum.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I wish the company I work for would let me have the access to utilize SCCM, we use 2012 R2 as well but its restricted to 3 people and the system. They debated on giving access to the team I am on as we are usually user facing and have to push installs etc when the automation fails :/

• Moderators

That is part of why I created the original example script, which then led to the UDF. At the time I was doing work for a hospital customer using SCCM 2007, and they were concerned about providing access for Helpdesk people to push software. In 2007 the security was not what I would call robust; you were either an administrator or you weren't. By utilizing the AutoIt code, I was able to build them a fully functioning front end, which provided the Helpdesk folks different levels of access based on their A.D. group membership. That satisfied their need to restrict admin-level access, while still providing helpdesk techs the ability to push certain applications without having to escalate a ticket to an SCCM admin.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!