Cannot get AutoIt to work with Xsplit

Joeonly

I am trying to automate some step to initiate XSplit, a video broadcast tool, but not matter what I do Xsplit does not seem to react to any Autoit functions. I can do a send for alt-f (file menu) to notepad, per the example and it works, then try to do the same thing for XSplit and nothing happens. I have tried numerous functions and XSplit does not react to any of them. I know the script is running but nothing I try gets XSplit to react.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

None of the below (included the commented lines) gets XSplit to react. I have tried by "TITLE" and "ID" and "CONTROL" to no avail.

I have used the AutoIT v3 Window Info tool to make sure I am referencing the correct title and such. Am I correct in understanding that "WinActivate" should bring process to the forefront and focus, as if I clicked on the process on the task bar, so that then a keystroke command (e.g. alt-b) will be reacted upon by the process I have activated?

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase
Local $hWnd = WinWait("[TITLE:XSplit]", "", 5)
WinSetState($hWnd,"", @SW_RESTORE)
;WinActivate($hWnd)
;WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_SHOW)
ControlClick("XSplit Broadcaster", "", "[ID:254]")

So I tried the following as suggested:

WinActivate("XSplit Broadcaster", "")
ControlClick("XSplit Broadcaster", "", 254)

That does bring up the XSplit broadcaster window. However, if I follow it with:

Send ("!b") ;Select broadcast menu item (alt-b)

I get no reaction. It should activate the broadcast menu item. Upon completion of the script, I can enter alt-b on the keyboard and it does activate the menu item.

Ideas??

Thanks again for the help.

Joe