Print to Adobe PDF printer

I'm trying to print a report using PrintMGv2 and if I print it to a printer everything works great..  If I print it using a "Free" PDF printer driver, it will create the PDF, it's just clumsy.

If I try to print to the Adobe PDF print driver, nothing happens  or worse it freezes.  It looks like Distiller crashes. (Adobe Acrobat XI Pro)

Does anybody have a suggestion or know why.   I'm trying to have the report auto save as a PDF and everyone who would use this program would have  Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

Thank you

• Moderators

Hi, hazed6809. I have several snippets that print just fine through Acrobat, but without seeing your code it is a little difficult to say what the problem is. How about posting your script and helping us help you? ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

The script is too long ,  So I will create a simple one and see if that works.  if it does then I will troubleshoot

if not I will post the simplified code.  It's just that I can print to any printer, but the Adobe PDF Printer. it looks like distiller crashes, but I don't get any error logs from Adobe either.

It maybe that since I'm printing straight to the printer, that Adobe doesn't have a file name to create the PDF file to, thus fails.  did you do a straight to printer or did you create a file then send that through to adobe PDF Printer? 

Thank you

Edited by hazed6809
new thought