running scripts from a server?

Greeting everybody!

This is my first post on this board, but I would consider myself an intermediate AutoIt user.

Anyways, my question-

I have written a series of scripts that trade stocks for me through an online brokerage, and they work well. Is there any way I can just run them from another computer, as in a server or a proxy, so that they will run continuously, thereby eliminating the need for me to restart them after turning my computer off and on again? Right now these scripts would run forever anyway since they run in an infinite loop by design, but I can't leave my computer running forever, even from day to day, for reasons beyond the scope of this post.

And if that is possible, I still want to be able to control my scripts on the server, as in starting, stopping, and modifying them periodically.

Any ideas are appreciated.

I'm setting up a server (running Win Server 2003) strictly to automate manual tasks performed by by team members. We setup the compiled scripts to run via the task scheduler. We had problems with the jobs not re-starting the next day, but that was "solved" by our IT gurus by having the scripts run using the admin domain user login. Since then, they have been running non-stop.

- Kevin

Greeting everybody!

This is my first post on this board, but I would consider myself an intermediate AutoIt user.

Anyways, my question-

I have written a series of scripts that trade stocks for me through an online brokerage, and they work well. Is there any way I can just run them from another computer, as in a server or a proxy, so that they will run continuously, thereby eliminating the need for me to restart them after turning my computer off and on again? Right now these scripts would run forever anyway since they run in an infinite loop by design, but I can't leave my computer running forever, even from day to day, for reasons beyond the scope of this post.

And if that is possible, I still want to be able to control my scripts on the server, as in starting, stopping, and modifying them periodically.

Any ideas are appreciated.

You probably have some reading to do!

If you don't own or have administrative access to a server running Windows 4.0 or newer you will have to get permission B) from the IT manager or the server owner to run your application on it.

Even if you have administrative access to a server as mentioned above, you should get permission to run your apps on a server before you take any additional steps in that direction!!! :o If you don't, it will likely cost you you your job!!

Having said that, do a search of this forum for "servany", you will find numerous references and examples of how to do what you ask about. :graduated:

Edited typos:

Edited by Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...