Forced to schedule scripts to run as domain admin

kwhipp

We are scheduling compiled scripts to run via the task scheduler on a Windows 2003 server. I have local admin privileges on the server and scheduled the scripts to run using my logon. The scripts run the first day without issues. When the scripts try to start running the second day, they will not run.

To fix this issue, our IT department changed the scheduled tasks so they run as the domain admin. Because I want to maintain my own destiny, is there a way set permissions for a local admin to run these scheduled scripts? If so, any help with what those settings might be, would be greatly appreciated.

- Kevin

We are scheduling compiled scripts to run via the task scheduler on a Windows 2003 server. I have local admin privileges on the server and scheduled the scripts to run using my logon. The scripts run the first day without issues. When the scripts try to start running the second day, they will not run.

To fix this issue, our IT department changed the scheduled tasks so they run as the domain admin. Because I want to maintain my own destiny, is there a way set permissions for a local admin to run these scheduled scripts? If so, any help with what those settings might be, would be greatly appreciated.

If the scripts require Domain admin level privlidges one way for a local admin to be able to run the scripts would be if your IT support staff added your local Admin account to the Domain Admins group. But this would in effect make your local admin account a Domain Admin account or not far of god(in your domain), and they may not want that. Another would be for you local admin Account to have the correct permissions within the domain to acheive what you need to accomplish, ie security on folders/files that the script is manipulating and membership to the domain e.g just as a domain user.

Cheers

My local admin account is a member of the domain and that account does have the correct permissions to manipulate the folders and files that the scripts work with. It is just that Windows will not let the scripts be started by the task scheduler.

The option of adding my account to the domain admin group is not going to happen. I'm not a member of the IT staff ... the majority of our IT staff are not even members of the domain admin group.

Edited my bad spelling.

Edited by kwhipp

- Kevin