How to scroll to a specific position using AutoIt without using the actual mouse

Hello everyone,

as stated in the topic I am looking for a way to scroll to a specific point in a window without having the actual mouse

move since the window will not be in focus. Right now I am using control clicks to navigate and use menus in the 

window while still being able to do different stuff as normal outside of said window. Said window is an android emulator

which features touch screen like controles using the mouse to scoll.

I hope my question makes sense to all of you great people out there ;)

Kind regards!

• Moderators

Hi @Seraaz, welcome to the forum. It truly depends on what you're attempting to do ultimately. Are you attempting to click on an app within the android emulator? If so, it may be better to go with ControlClick, or some other feature to access that application directly, rather than trying to emulate scrolls and mouseclicks within an already emulated window. Any additional info you can give us (screenshots of the window and what you're trying to do would be awesome) will go a long way to helping us help you in your endeavors ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

First of all thank you very much for your quick reply JLogan3o13!

I am already controlling the android emulator with ControlClick but I need to make a mouse dragging motion to be able to scroll down a list very precisely. A mousewheel down motion simply is not doing it precise enough. I added a screenshot for clarification(hopefully).

screen.jpg

• Jos locked this topic
  • Developers

@Seraaz,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. (there is also a link link in my signature) 
Please read them now particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked. :naughty:

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)