Scriptomatic Kudos and Question

gspino

I wrote a little script to monitor a list of specific servers contained in a simple text file. The goal was to ping the server and if it responds within the alloted timeframe, to then check the cpu load. If the server wasn't pingable, or if the cpu was above the designated threshhold, display a tray tip to the user. We have several Metaframe servers which either go offline or the VME's hang due to pegged cpu's. Many of these servers have multiple cpu's and I'm unsure how to tweak this code to check each cpu for load or if I even need to. Comments or suggestions welcome please. Thank you.

Kudo's to SvenP for his AutoIT scriptomatic routines. Without his efforts and those of other dev's here, I'd still be scratching my head.

ServerWatcher.au3

Edited by gspino

• 1 month later...

I wrote a little script to monitor a list of specific servers contained in a simple text file. The goal was to ping the server and if it responds within the alloted timeframe, to then check the cpu load. If the server wasn't pingable, or if the cpu was above the designated threshhold, display a tray tip to the user. We have several Metaframe servers which either go offline or the VME's hang due to pegged cpu's. Many of these servers have multiple cpu's and I'm unsure how to tweak this code to check each cpu for load or if I even need to. Comments or suggestions welcome please. Thank you.

Kudo's to SvenP for his AutoIT scriptomatic routines. Without his efforts and those of other dev's here, I'd still be scratching my head.

Hi gspino,

Sorry for the looong delay but here's an example script to monitor CPU usage.

WMI_MonitorCPU.au3

I have only tested it on a local machine. But I guess it's no problem for you incorporating the code into your script.

Regards,

-Sven

Hi gspino,

Sorry for the looong delay but here's an example script to monitor CPU usage.

WMI_MonitorCPU.au3

I have only tested it on a local machine. But I guess it's no problem for you incorporating the code into your script.

Regards,

-Sven

Thanks very much. I have to wait till the w/e to test. I really appreciate the quick reply.

-Glen

• 4 weeks later...