ObjCreate Question

I just saw an example of the following:

Dim $winhttp = ObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")

I dont see anything in the documentation on ObjCreate. This could be wonderful because I am having troubles.

Ive been playing around with AutoIt for 2 days now and it is fantastic! I come from a VB and VB.NET background.

I am mainly using AutoIt to do some interactions with an external windows app to get information (Scraping basically). I dont know C++ at all and Im trying to use VB.NET in conjunction with the scripts Im writing (which has been surprisingly easy to do btw!) It would be fantastic if I could somehow have my AutoIt scripts return values that I could capture within a VB app and deal with the data there. Any suggestions for this new newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

You'll find ObjCreate and its documentation in the Beta version of AutoIt... go to the very botton of the Downloads page...

Regarding the interaction with VB, you can use AutoItX to embed AutoIt in your VB code, but it does not have the features of the beta...

Welcome to the forums... glad you are finding AutoIt to be useful...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble