pixelsearch on multiple monitor/extended display

18 hours ago, BetaLeaf said:

Look man I'm just trying to help. 

And we appreciate that. Seriously. We do. Many people do not help at all. You on the other hand try to help. That is great. 

We don't know what the op is even trying to do, 

Yes we do. He is trying to automate Chrome. He said it in a different post in this thread. You didn't read the entire thread first. 

Sorry if you don't like my opinion.

I respect your opinion. HOWEVER - you need to make more of an effort to read the entire thread first before assisting. It is an easy mistake to make.  I've done the same thing. 

Here is the other thing - When it comes to pixel search - and I've been here for more than a decade - I only know of maybe 5 times where pixel search was the best way to go. It is very unstable for if the window moves at all or loses focus or something changes on the screen - it breaks. Also in this case the Original poster (If you haven't noticed) is doing several things that to a old forum regular like me looks like the code he want to tweak is NOT his but he found somewhere and wants to work on his rig. This also makes me think he is doing something he shouldn't be doing. That is why I asked him to post his code. Hope this makes sense

• Moderators

The only time other forum members should wait is if a Mod has been alerted to the potential legitimacy of a thread and has asked the OP to clarify. And while I agree that it can be frustrating when you know there is a better way, we have to remember that not everyone is at the same level of ability when it comes to scripting. Our intent on this forum is to help people learn to improve their scripts; not berate them.

If you suggest a better way of doing something but the OP is dogmatic about doing it a specific way - as long as the thread is not against the forum rules - then no reason to keep beating a dead horse. If you have suggested a better alternative, but the OP wants to do it another way, either offer suggestions on how he can do so or leave the thread to others who will. The constant back and forth of "but you should be doing it this way", when the OP is obviously not going to heed the suggestion, serves no purpose but to frustrate everyone involved.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

15 hours ago, AutoBert said:

...and when a MVP ask, it's usual noone give further support until question is answered.

That isn't a rule here. I have to play by the same rules as everyone else. I asked for code so we can see what is happening. All too often someone will say the code doesn't work and they won't post it. We are left to use a Crystal ball or a bag of bones that are thrown on the ground in an attempt to figure it out. And you can assume quite accurately how good that method works.