AutoIT exe as SHELL

bboysza

So I wrote a handly little app that I'd like to use as the shell. The app works just fine through all my tests until I make it start automatically.

The first thing that fails is a false-positive detect on a processid. Methinks this is because the process I'm looking at hangs in the process list as the server starts, even though it starts and stops. I can add a timer there I suppose, no biggie.

The other thing was sort of a surprise to me. @ComputerName seems to not function until Winlogon has completed. This would appear to me that @ComputerName is relying on something.

FSAG's, I put the app in the start-up directory. I have autologin set and everything would appear to be cool - but I have the same problem. So, it looks definetely like a timing issue. I've added sleep timers galore and I still have the problem. If I have the app not autostart anyway, and run it as soon as I can hit the icon on the desktop, it works.

I'd really like to use it as shell, however. If this is a userinit issue, perhaps I can run userinit from my app and watch for winlogon to report BootOk? What is the last thing to load on boot? Maybe I can just watch for it. IDK, gimme some ideas.

Thanks.

Ben

^

I really just need to know how to verify that the boot was successfull. I've found various MS articles on bootok.exe and bootvrfy.exe - they both report to the "System" that boot was successfull. I need them to report to ME! B)

Ben