AutoIt bot needs display

Just now, pranaynanda said:

You are right except for on a minimized remote desktop

if you can shadow console , then, the remote desktop is not minimized, even if you minimize your window ( due to the fact the the console is not minimized ).
In the case that shadowing is not possible, the registry entry ( that I have not tried ) should solve it. Otherwise, use teamviewer or AnyDesk or something to interact with the console session. That is all.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@argumentum with your assistance and with reference to this post

I've a feeling that this together might actually work out. Thank you for your help! Much gratitude.

EDIT:The trouble with this is that where I need to ControlSend() instead of Send(), I do not know which control I have to send the keys to. It's just the window. Like in case of shortcuts or moving around the menu bar using Send("!w"). How do I adjust that to ControlSend()?

Edited by pranaynanda

8 hours ago, pranaynanda said:

The trouble with this is that where I need to ControlSend() instead of Send(), I do not know which control I have to send the keys to

I , when unable to get a control due to been hidden under another control, use CV.EXE . It has option to hide or show controls in a Windows Form ( now it's call the Graphic User Interface , GUI , i guess. )

But at times all I can do is resize the window ( or not ), click where the user would click and Send() as a user would. BUT, at times use ControlSend(). Yet, at times I need to WinActivate() some other GUI, to activate the one I need to control.

You see, this is an art. It takes experience. After many, many years of doing the autoit katas, one discover unknowns to a prior state of mind. Yet others say practice makes perfect. :) 

Let me know if CV.EXE gave you a clue and / or helped.

15 hours ago, argumentum said:

when unable to get a control due to been hidden under another control, use CV.EXE

In best practice, it that the way? I'm not sure whether AutoIt will see whatever CV.exe sees. Moreover, my basic concern is only limited to adjusting for shortcuts. Like I can send Alt+F4 using Send() but that doesn't make any sense with ControlSend().

I tried to do this as an example:

ControlSend("Window Name","", "", "!w")

I guess that makes no sense at all.

Edited by pranaynanda

> I'm not sure whether AutoIt will see whatever CV.exe sees
Control View ( CV.EXE ) is written with AutoIt and the source code is included. 

All I can say at this point is keep at it, read the forums, try all the examples from the help file, even those you don't need, and try again.

It is frustrating, I know, seemingly impossible, and ppl like me saying, "but it's simple". What I wrote about the Autoit katas is no joke. Is like yoga, the results are cumulative.
I understand the pressures. The learning curve is steep when one has no clue ( or better said "non-cognito" ) but read the forums, try all the examples from the help file.
Good luck jim