WINLIST on remote PC?

Hi,  I need some advise please, I currently have a program that sends a message by net send to a remote PC. I know need to know if they have okay-ed or closed the message box, so my program can continue to run.

I have thought of the current ways but to no avail. 

1. Remotely check the process list, this is possible but netsend has a process that runs all the time so this cannot be detected in the process list.

2. Winlist seems to be a good idea and detects if the window is open locally, but i cant figure out how or if it can work remotely.

3. Remotely check the event log, this can be done but the message event is created when the message pops up not when it closes.

4. Run an application remotely (thats on the target machine) to detect the window and write to a file that the source application can then read. (This seems very messy to me and i would prefer not to create files on the target machine)

Any help or advise will be much appreciated. Please note I would really like to refrain from having another autoit application running on the remote PC.

Thank you all in advance.

3 minutes ago, Directlinq said:

4. Run an application remotely (thats on the target machine) to detect the window and write to a file that the source application can then read. (This seems very messy to me and i would prefer not to create files on the target machine)

seems to be only possible solution.