Draw left, right, up down arrows on buttons

ReFran

Hello,

under a Treeview GUI I want to place 4 buttons for moving left, right, up and down. Instead of text I want to use only arrows.

Does someone knows signs or system icons I can use for that? I don't want extra icons, which I would have to distribute with the script.

Best regards, Reinhard

I don't know of any "guaranteed-to-be-there" arrow icons that Windows uses, but if you use your own, you don't have to distribute extra files along with the script. Just use FileInstall to pack them inside when you compile it. Like FileInstall("arrowup.ico",@TempDir&"\arrowup.ico") assuming that arrowup.ico is in the same directory as the script on your computer.

I don't know of any "guaranteed-to-be-there" arrow icons that Windows uses, but if you use your own, you don't have to distribute extra files along with the script. Just use FileInstall to pack them inside when you compile it. Like FileInstall("arrowup.ico",@TempDir&"\arrowup.ico") assuming that arrowup.ico is in the same directory as the script on your computer.

Mmmh..

... interesting solution, also if I thought more in the direction Windings. Finaly I wanted already to compile the script to exe. So if I can put it into the exe that's OK.

Thanks for the hint and explanations, Reinhard

PS: Where is the spell check button here.

Edited by ReFran

Mmmh..

... interesting solution, also if I thought more in the direction Windings. Finaly I wanted already to compile the script to exe. So if I can put it into the exe that's OK.

Thanks for the hint and explanations, Reinhard

PS: Where is the spell check button here.

Here are the results of my playing around

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
$font="Wingdings"
GUISetFont (18, 400, 1,$font)
GUICtrlCreateButton ("è", 10,20,40,40)
;GUICtrlSetImage (-1, "shell32.dll",16)

GUISetState ()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
Wend

Enjoy

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Here are the results of my playing around

Cool .....,

exactly what I wanted. I tested Windings only on the keyboard and forgot the above (alt+) 124 signs.

Now I have two options. Perhaps in the final, final I use Icos to avoid font problems.

Thank you both, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran