Download & Run File from Microsoft Edge

Hello all.

I currently have an AutoIT script that uses INetGet to retrieve and run files over a network. However, as it stands the app has currently changed to the point where I must open an actual browser in order to be able to get to the file (at least, this is the easiest way).

Right now I have an extremely unreliable and clunky set of Send and Click commands to accomplish this task with sleeps in between everything to the point where I *hope* my file was downloaded before I try to click the "Run" button in microsoft edge. 

I've been looking into IUIautomation, but I'm having quite a time understanding how to actually use it properly.

I'd think that a script to navigate to a URL, download a file, then click "Run" in the browser would be simple. If I can get any help that'd be highly appreciated.

Once I see a sample of how to download the file, the navigation part should be quite trivial to figure out.

;~ *** Standard code maintainable ***
#include "UIAWrappers.au3"
AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1)

_UIA_setVar("oP1","Title:=.*Microsoft Edge;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=ApplicationFrameWindow") ;Download Microsoft WebDriver - Release 10240 from Official Microsoft Download Center ?- Microsoft Edge
_UIA_setVar("oP2","Title:=Microsoft Edge;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow")   ;Microsoft Edge
_UIA_setVar("oP3","Title:=Melding;controltype:=UIA_ToolBarControlTypeId;class:=NotificationBar")    ;Melding

;~ $oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll("Opslaan.mainwindow", "title:=Opslaan;ControlType:=UIA_ButtonControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree)
_UIA_setVar("oUIElement","Title:=Opslaan;controltype:=UIA_ButtonControlTypeId;class:=Button") ;ControlType:=UIA_ButtonControlTypeId;classname:=Button")

;~ Actions split away from logical/technical definition above can come from configfiles

_UIA_Action("oP1","highlight")
_UIA_Action("oP1","setfocus")
_UIA_Action("oP2","highlight")
;~ _UIA_Action("oP2","setfocus")
;~ _UIA_Action("oP3","highlight")
;~ _UIA_Action("oP3","setfocus")

_UIA_action("oUIElement","highlight")
;~_UIA_action("oUIElement","click")

Simplespy gave me above code and with some small tweaks it highlights the download button in edge

example link used https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48212

then clicked manually download

and then run script which shows that it click on opslaan (you should write the actual language english or other language text)

and to help a little more the example on how to enter an address in the edge addressbar

Be aware I am on a dutch windows so change in description can be needed

;~ *** Standard code maintainable ***
#include "UIAWrappers.au3"
AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1)

_UIA_setVar("oP1",".*Microsoft Edge;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=ApplicationFrameWindow")    ;Download Microsoft WebDriver - Release 10240 from Official Microsoft Download Center ?- Microsoft Edge
_UIA_setVar("oP2","Title:=Microsoft Edge;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow")   ;Microsoft Edge

;~ $oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll("Zoekofvoereenwebadresin.mainwindow", "title:=Zoek of voer een webadres in;ControlType:=UIA_EditControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree)
_UIA_setVar("oUIElement","Title:=Zoek of voer een webadres in;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=RichEditBox") ;ControlType:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;classname:=RichEditBox")

;~ Actions split away from logical/technical definition above can come from configfiles

_UIA_Action("oP1","highlight")
_UIA_Action("oP1","setfocus")

_UIA_Action("oP2","highlight")
_UIA_Action("oP2","setfocus")

_UIA_action("oUIElement","highlight")
_UIA_action("oUIElement","click")
_UIA_Action("oUIElement","setvalue using keys","https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48212")
send("{ENTER}")

The exercise to create the download click I leave to you

hint: use simple spy then you will have 3 scripts that you have to modify and combine