GreenChat 0.1 Alpha

Greenseed

It is perhaps possible to make a integrated web server for the chat using TCP but it really all depends. Please check out the early alpha TCP Made Easy functions I posted. With the discovery to connect to any sever using my Server Communicator we can explore more territory. We do need a permanent server for the official server when we do the v1.0 release. Perhaps greenseed has a static, concurrent connection.

i can offert you a web server! on IIS but not with static IP but with a static DNS like itschat.aleajecta.com

i can not give you as much bandwith as you wan im sure! i will be able to give constant about 40Kbytes/sec

up and down

i think for a big project like this is the best solution! but it free.

all network where i work have big connection but i can't put autoit on it before i can be sure there is not method to hack the server! im responsible of that kind of network if a server crash or a domain is hacked by the autoit server i will be in the target of the CIO at my work! no good for me!

and i have no probleme to put your ITS chat server on my personel server! with a 40Kbytes

i have 105Kbytes but if i put QOS on your server he will assure in 100% of the time a 40kBytes of bandwith!

i have many idea waiting too! im working to develop a VOIP with asterix maybe later when i finish the VOIP network we can implement a client to your chat client! i will get 2 VOIP geteway to FXS (phone line service) in canada, montreal and quebec city. then every user of the chat software can call in canada free! hehe :P

GreenseedMCSE+I, CCNA, A+Canada, QuebecMake Love Around You.

When I get back to TN, I will be able to offer a good highspeed connection.

Greenseed. We should talk. I have looked into Asterisk before I just havent had the time yet to set it up. I would love to learn from how you set it up and such.

Let me know.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Greenseed, I find your chat program to be very useful. Have you checked out my modified version of Larry's TCP chat client/server example? If not, it could give you a few ideas. The link is in my signature: "TCP Chat". :P

@erifash thx for the inspiration! but i no more use the method i use in this code! too much sensible to attack!

i have a new idea who i keep secret until i know it work! i have not many free time to advance like i wan!

so it will be a little long before i send my solution!

@js

sure it will be a pleasure for me to help you with asterix! i got at my home the developer kit! im working on it! not much advanced! because i do it in my free time! and not much free time!

im working at my job on 2801 PIX from cisco with 8 FXO/FXS And POE and the propritaire protocol skinny for cisco voip network! all my time go to this setup! the asterix solution it to develop because it is very less expensive than a cisco setup! but cisco can do with my 2801 PIX 1 000 000 000 instruction in a seconde! and more i think! this is pretty fast!

my developer kit from asterix partner got about 100 000 instruction seconde! now we now why cisco got the market!

hehe :P

@erifash thx for the inspiration! but i no more use the method i use in this code! too much sensible to attack!

i have a new idea who i keep secret until i know it work! i have not many free time to advance like i wan!

so it will be a little long before i send my solution!

@js

sure it will be a pleasure for me to help you with asterix! i got at my home the developer kit! im working on it! not much advanced! because i do it in my free time! and not much free time!

im working at my job on 2801 PIX from cisco with 8 FXO/FXS And POE and the propritaire protocol skinny for cisco voip network! all my time go to this setup! the asterix solution it to develop because it is very less expensive than a cisco setup! but cisco can do with my 2801 PIX 1 000 000 000 instruction in a seconde! and more i think! this is pretty fast!

my developer kit from asterix partner got about 100 000 instruction seconde! now we now why cisco got the market!

hehe :P

Okay so the Asterisk isnt good for a large business, but would you say it is good for a small business or a personal deal?

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

@JS yes for my knowlege asterix is very good for small and medium buisness and for personal use too!

Look for witch phone do you wan to use in your VOIP network! because cisco phone with skinny protocol have more funtion than any other one! if you don't plant to use cisco phone then go with asterix and phone compatible with h323

and i sugest you upgrade you switch and hub to be compatible with POE(power over ethernet) this is really kewl! because you can simply plug the phone in the network cable and everything is power up!

1 000 000 000 MIPS for cisco fast like this is used when you got at least 500Mbits and more of bandwith and 10 000 user connected at same time doing many thing! im not sure about the correct number! but you have to get a very big network like the internet before you use all the power inside cisco PIX

you can buy 10 computer with 10 asterix kit 4FXO/FXS(40FXO/FXS) then now you have 1 000 000 MIPS and 40 FXS line service, this solution demande a little more time to implement but cost 50% of the price of 1 PIX with 8FXO/FXS(16 000$canadien) from cisco. Then you buy a good server with at least 2 CPU and 1Gb(network card) for the gatekeeper. im sure everything will run smooth!

Edited by Greenseed

Excellent. When I get back to my home in TN I will be setting up a few linux boxes. Hopefully then I will be able to setup VOIP with Asterisk. I have been currently paying for Vonage phone service. It is better than the normal phone service, but I still want to play around with other technologies.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Excellent. When I get back to my home in TN I will be setting up a few linux boxes. Hopefully then I will be able to setup VOIP with Asterisk. I have been currently paying for Vonage phone service. It is better than the normal phone service, but I still want to play around with other technologies.

JS

here in quebec canada! we also got VOIP phone service by my ISP he give you phone like this!

FXS>ISP>CableNetwork(VOIP)>CableModem(Home)>FXS>My normal phone FXO

this is not in the band of the internet on your cable modem!

this is nice, because there nothing to change in the house you justs have to plug the FXS from cable modem to your line phone in the wall of your house and every phone got is FXS on a voip

pretty nice to keep the client changing all equipement for voip solution( FXS > H323 > FXS)

bye bye! hope you get 4 line at home and connect freind! hehe im planning for this hehe :P Grrr LongDistance, here bell charge me about 100$ by month only for longdistance! grrr

first time home user has chance to start phone service! hehe

have to go bye bye!