VMware

Hello! I connect via VMware to Windows server and I run applications there, can AutoIt installed in the local pc, work in these applications? Or they have to be installed locally in the server I connect to?

Thanks!

• Moderators

It depends, @usser. Much like your last topic, you're not giving a lot of specifics around what you are trying to do. If you're connecting to the server through the vSphere console and want to run a script that interacts with a window through sends/control commands, then yes, having the script compiled and on the server is going to be easiest. If you're running a script against the machine through remote registry, WMI, powershell, etc., then your script can live on any machine that has connectivity to the server. Unfortunately, without details on exactly what you are trying to do beyond "run applications", it is difficult to offer more assistance.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

@jdelaney one of these days I am going to sit down and devote the time to a native UDF for PowerCLI, would be such a great addition.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!