How to know what to click

Hello i just discovered AutoIt , i'd like to know if it's possible to create a script that will simulate a click into a window that is not mine  when my computer is locked... 

And if it possible how can i know how to target my window and the buttons in it ? thank a lot i realise that is not a really good way to work (ask and seek after) but autoit looks to be really really deep and i just want to know if it is possible or not before looking for it...

Actually i look about the examples of course but run"notepad.exe" here can't work because this is a window called from a windows browser , i mean an application call the "BrowserApplication.exe" but the browser application isn't 100% the application i want , i just have the PID of the window can i use it to target it and after that how can i know how to simulate click into the window on a special button ? ( and i'd like that all this work when my windows station is locked")

If by "BrowserApplication" you mean Internet Explorer.....You might want to look in the User Defined Functions section of your helpfile for the UDF IE.au3 It has several functions that help define and handle Internet Explorer controls to more easily automate a webpage.

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

• Moderators

@Arcony it is difficult for us to suggest "what to click" when your explanation is so vague. How about a screenshot of the app/site you're trying to manipulate, and just what you're trying to click on (button, listview, link, etc.)? Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Start at FAQ number 31 https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ

click into a window that is not mine  when my computer is locked...   

not possible without beeing admin and doing a lot of low level tricks not worth the effort advice is to run your apps in a virtual VM so your own PC can be locked.

and OP yes your question is vague

I'll try to be more specific sorry for this , i'm using an "application" named Overwolf who's a little widget that help gamer for several things , when i start it put a little widget on the left of my screen that i can use to start some application linked to overwolf , sadly all my application use the name of " OverwolfBrowser.exe *32" in the Ctrl+Alt+Suppr processus so i don't know how to do to focus the window i do not disturb me to get the PID of the window by hand and to write it into the script everytime i want to use it if you have a solution for that ... ? in attach i putted the class given with the Finder Tool i dont know if it can help ... ? 

i also have other questions : 

1) Once i targeted my window , how can i click on some button in it ? do i have to work with coordonate ? Is there a way to know the class of the button i want to click and use it to target it ?

2) Can i make it viable even when my session is locked ?

3) Isn't there a way more easier like record the movement and see what Autoit Scite propose to me to realize these actions ?

class.JPG

9 hours ago, junkew said:

Start at FAQ number 31 https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ

not possible without beeing admin and doing a lot of low level tricks not worth the effort advice is to run your apps in a virtual VM so your own PC can be locked.

and OP yes your question is vague

The VM is a pretty good idea , sadly it is for work and my computer is too short on Ram to handle some In my opinion