Running AutoIt on VM with Physical Machine Locked

Greetings

I have for several years been able to run some long running AutoIT programs by securely running them on a VM or other remote desktop using windows RDP and then locking my "end-point" physical machine.

This allows me to have these long runners execute safely while un-attended.
I use IE browser functions.

I've recently switched my physical machine to a Windows 10 - 1703 version x64. 
It seems that now, with Windows 10, when I lock the physical machine, WinActivate running on the VM doesn't recognize the new windows when I click links and wait for the next window in my process.

?? Has anyone else noticed this changed function??
If so, are there any mitigations?

thanks. Phil

th

• Moderators

I do something similar and have not encountered this. You are running WIN10 on the physical machine, you say. Is the VM also WIN10, or another OS? Also, are you using VMWare Workstation, Player, VBox, etc.? And can you please post your code, or a reproducer, so we can see what you're doing?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

the physical endpoint is windows 10 - the vm machine is windows 10 also v1703 and x64 on both.
I believe it is VM ware - but, I'm not sure.

I also saw the same issue when I would RDP from W10 x64 - 1703 to a W7 machine.
however,
I then been able to get the AU3 to run by remoting from the W10 machine to the W7 machine and then from the W7 machine to the VM. At that point it seems to run fine on the VM.

I'll try tomorrow to reduce the code to a small re-producer.

no luck so far creating the small re-producer. I'm also thinking that a 3rd product may be part of what is causing the wait. We have a single signon product that may be locking the second machine when the end-point is windows 10 and locks... Will try to post something tomorrow.