Verify customer ID

Hi guys, i developed a script but id like to add this function in order to "protect it"

this script would work like a PW checker, a certain customer ID would be added to the code before compile it, and when the user runs the .exe it first verifies the customer ID of the user and if it matches then it allows the user to use the .exe, else it closes and shows this message: "Invalid Hardware ID".

I've searched on forums but couldnt find anything, also im really noob, could any of you help me with this?

• Moderators

@Chimerians , the short answer is: you cannot. Searching the forums for "protect my script" will provide you with a lot more information in greater detail, but the essence is: Your plain language script is stored within the compiled .exe. It is not immediately viewable with a hex editor, but is by no means secure as it is expanded in memory when the .exe is run.  So, compiling an AutoIt script will prevent quick snooping, but a anyone willing to devote 10 minutes can easily get your source - including passwords, specific filenames, etc - or the encryption routines you have used in your script to encrypt/decrypt them if they are stored in another file.

As this has been asked and answered, debated and argued, more times than we can count, I am going to lock the thread.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!