Is there a way to read variables from a frozen script

I have a LARGE script that contains 22 inclusion files which are between 180 and 1400 lines each. Plus the main script which is 1100 lines and I have a total of about 70 functions.

Well the script is freezing up sometimes but never in the exact same place. So I am wondering if there is a way to write another script which will be able to read all the variables from the frozen script so I can get a better idea of where the problem is.

oh yea, and I can only run this script while it is compiled.

Thanks,

Mike

• Moderators

I have a LARGE script that contains 22 inclusion files which are between 180 and 1400 lines each. Plus the main script which is 1100 lines and I have a total of about 70 functions.

Well the script is freezing up sometimes but never in the exact same place. So I am wondering if there is a way to write another script which will be able to read all the variables from the frozen script so I can get a better idea of where the problem is.

oh yea, and I can only run this script while it is compiled.

Thanks,

Mike

First Underline... I'm assuming you want the "values" of them, there are only 2 ways as fars as I know, and that is to set each of the monsterous I'm sure variable with an alter variable with EnvSet() or $CmdLine[0].

It would probably just be easier to debug, which leads to the second underline... The only 2 reasons I can think that you're not able to run the script in .au3 vs. .exe is 1. You're using beta functions (like #include <Misc.au3> has, and you're only pressing F5 to try and run the script and not Alt+F5 and or you're using FileInstall(), and that doesn't make sense IMHO, but an option to look at.

Oh and maybe you are not including the proper paths to your #includes, if they aren't in the autoit/include folder already.

Hope this helps a bit... GL

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

show script

not able to run unless compile? thats prolly cause you included the other programs and sometimes that is an issue with fileinstall but anyways...

freezes alot in random spots? whats your cpu usage at? probably overloading your computer by running too many scripts

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

show script

not able to run unless compile? thats prolly cause you included the other programs and sometimes that is an issue with fileinstall but anyways...

freezes alot in random spots? whats your cpu usage at? probably overloading your computer by running too many scripts

Hmm, I'll check the cpu usage. It does mostly freeze up on the two oldest computers I have in my Lab...

The reason I am only able to run it compiled is because this is an Automated Testing script that tests Images in a test lab, Bla bla, mucho complication, bla bla... The only computer I can run it on not compiled is my own work computer but it never freezes up on mine.

Thanks,

Mike