Programs that block "Send"?

Drath

Currently I was trying to use the "Send" to send certain keys to an older game I play. It seems to be blocking what ever I try to send to it's text box, even when it's in focus. I even tried WinActivate to maybe activate it if it wasn't already. I can't seem to get it working... do you know of any programs that block "Send" like this, and if you do, is there anyway around it?

Thanks.

The AutoIt v3 Active Window Info program doesn't seem to pick up "Control ID" or "Text" inside the program, and inserting nothing in that parameter, or even "" doesn't work. Example:

ControlSend ( "Daggerfall", "", "", "test" )

ControlSend ( "Daggerfal", "", , "test" )

Both don't work.

Welcome to the forums!

By default AutoIt sends keystrokes very quickly. This is convenient for standard windows but often games will only see longer keypresses. Try adding this to the start of your script, trying a larger number if it still doesn't work:

Opt('SendKeyDownDelay', 50)

Well thanks for the help, but it seems the real problem was actually the program was blocking hotkeys that I was triggering functions with. I'm guessing there's no way around this, so I just skipped the hotkey, and added a delay.

Again thanks for the help.