[Error] DllStructGetPtr(): undefined function.

pinkfoyd

Hi sorry if my english is not very good, i am french

I have juste downloaded a script on autoit repository :

;===============================================================================

;

; Description: Return JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG and GIF image common info:

; Size, Color Depth, Resolution etc. For JPEG files retreive

; additional information from exif tag (if exists).

; Requirement(s): Autoit 3.104 beta (DllStruct)

; Author(s): YDY (Lazycat)

; Version: 2.0

; Date: 1.07.2005

;

;===============================================================================

but when i try to run it i got this error :

$t = DllStructCreate("int;int;short;short;dword;dword;dword;dword", DllStructGetPtr($p, 1) + 18)

image_get_info.au3(41,110) : ERROR: DllStructGetPtr(): undefined function.

or at this page we can read that the function exist :

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...tructCreate.htm

and i have the same error on an other part of this script with the function DllStructGetPtr

What i am wrong ? ( i am using the latest beta version of autoit , ie autoit-v3.1.1.96.exe

Thanks a lot by advance !

PS : i have attached the source...

image_get_info.zip

i am using the latest beta version of autoit , ie autoit-v3.1.1.96.exe

I have tested your source files in the zip. I recieved the same error when I don't use beta. But if I use beta 3.1.1.96 - it works fine. I would suggest you try the following.

Start, Programs, AutoIt v3, Beta, Toggle AU3 Beta.

this should toggle which version is used for AU3 files.

-Ken

Thanks for the answers, i have already switch between beta and official release, but not change, so i am suprising that for you it's ok....

i will try with a fresh install of auto it, then autoit beta...

see you soon :P

Edited by pinkfoyd

i don't understand, new fresh install with autoit-v3.1.1.97.exe and the same error !

please help !

edit : i have tried to run the script directly by "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\AutoIt3.exe", and i have the same error

edit2 : i have the same problem with another script, always DllStruct.... which is not recognized by autoit

Edited by pinkfoyd

• Moderators

When you run it in your script before compile, instead of using F5... Use Alt+F5, and make sure you have the proper #include files.

When you compile it, make sure you compile using Beta Compile, you can access this from SciTe under Tools.

Edit:

If you're not sure you have the latest SciTe with proper definitions, you can check the Developers Forum for it, Jdeb has done a wonderful job keeping up with everything.

If you don't have SciTe at all, you can get the link from there or run the script in my signature.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

big thanks for trying help me but it do the same ... :P

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Downloads\autoit\image_get_info\image_get_info_example.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

>AU3Check Ended. No Error(s).

>Running: (3.1.1.97):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "D:\Downloads\autoit\image_get_info\image_get_info_example.au3"

D:\Downloads\autoit\image_get_info\image_get_info.au3 (499) : ==> Unknown function name.:

DllStructDelete($pRead)

^ ERROR

>AutoIT3.exe ended.

>Exit code: 0 Time: 3.998

• Moderators

The path to your #include file is incorrect it seems: Look at this... and compile it. I moved your: image_get_info_example.au3 few lines into the "#include" image_get_info.au3

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

thanks again for your help, but i give up...

first i had found this in the history of autoit:

"07th December, 2005 - v3.1.1.93 (beta)

Removed : DLLStructDelete($Struct) use $Struct=0 even nothing if it is local."

so, i have changed this in all the code, now it run well but when i select a jpg file, autoit crash...

like it's no my script and i don't have the mail of the author, i give up

, search later for a script that do the same, ie, extract info from a jpg file...

Edited by pinkfoyd