Filereadline On An Exported Registry File (*.reg)

Ok ... I'm sure this is because of a format issue here, but when I try to use FileRead or FileReadLine on a *.reg file it gives me one line of gibberish followed by line after line of blank lines. I can open the *.reg in notepad, copy all of the text from this file, save it in a standard *txt file and I can then read it. I say there has to be a formatting problem due to the difference in filesize (*.reg = 23 kbs - *.txt = 11 kbs with same visible contents). I was able work around this by scripting the opening of the reg file in notepad, selecting the text, copying it to a txt file then running the FileReadLine command on the resulting file. I was just wondering if this is something anyone else has run into? :D

:iamstupid:

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

Ok ... I'm sure this is because of a format issue here, but when I try to use FileRead or FileReadLine on a *.reg file it gives me one line of gibberish followed by line after line of blank lines.  I can open the *.reg in notepad, copy all of the text from this file, save it in a standard *txt file and I can then read it.  I say there has to be a formatting problem due to the difference in filesize (*.reg = 23 kbs - *.txt = 11 kbs with same visible contents).  I was able work around this by scripting the opening of the reg file in notepad, selecting the text, copying it to a txt file then running the FileReadLine command on the resulting file.  I was just wondering if this is something anyone else has run into? :D

:iamstupid:

The reason is that the export file is created with Unicode characters (2 bytes for one symbol)

You need to export in the Win9x/NT4 type format. THe output is stil a .reg but one symbol = one byte.

Perhaps at a time we shoud add an option to read Unicode files. That's a question for JON