[SOLVED] AutoIt installer (does not) has bugs

Earthshine

On some Windows 10 machines, when I install it, it does not registers as the handler for filetype .au3 and scripts that run elsewhere won't run. really strange.

I was trying to edit the NetStat.au3 script that was posted here and on some boxes it just won't run. maybe a memory error because it complains about the array subscript being badly formed, but on most computers it runs great. anyway, that's when I found that the installer does not always set up to edit AU3 files every time you install.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Developers

It does by default add the contectmenu and the above behaviour would only be expected when somebody has overridden the defaults set by doing a "Open With"

Use SciTEConfig and Select "Other Tools" and click on  "Run AutoIt33/SciTE check". This will report any modifications made in the registry.

... or does it actually run and just not run correctly?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I tried that but I had to go in and delete the key and then do your fix and then it all worked great.  If I were to do the installer it would just ask for user if they wanted that integration and if so override what the user had chosen before. but that’s just my user preference. I’ll put together an MSI installer that does what I want. Thanks for the answer too

• Developers

I don't like installers that do other stuff than standard stuff and like to set my own preferences which should never be undone.
When one deliberately does a "Open with", select a program and check the "Always use this program"option, than that is what it should do. ;)
That is why I created this little piece of code that simply reports on what you have done and the suggestions how to fix it. I also elected not to include an option to fix it for you as I don't want to be responsible for any fuckup in the registry. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Totally cool with that.  Are usually only set it manually when I don’t have auto IT installed and I want to look at a file and then if I install auto IT I can’t just run the File. Lol. User pref. What I mean by not running is it doesn’t open in the autoit editor, which is really what I want when I install it. Thanks for the information and insight

Edited by Earthshine