Autoit with VB SDK

mrtweaver

Good wed morning. Let me first say that i am fairly new to autoit so maybe this has already been answered,

Anyway myself and another guy have taken and written a nice application, and it works quite well.

What the application does is it uses a imager which takes a picture and decodes an IMB barcode then it checks the quality of the code and then the validity of the code before sorting it. All of that works quite well.

The thing is we recently acquired a different manufacturer of imagers, got them for a bargain off ebay. And the new imagers have a live image that is possible to obtain, but it is only possible thru their SDK.

Is it possible, using autoit, to access these features of the SDK so that say $pic1 would be tied to the live image and as the live image updated so would the image in the application?

If so what would be the recommended ways?

Looking for ideas to hopefully make a solution.

By the way the imager is a Cognex and the SDK is avail free for download from

http://www.cognex.com/Support/DataMan/Software.aspx

The version that is most compatible with the imagers is the 5.5version

Im assuming from what i have read it has something to do with COM but do not have enough understanding

Thank you for any and all feedback and support you can provide.

why not just use VB.NET or C#? I guess you could build any .NET DLL and make it COM accessible and use it with AutoIt. If you have to write the access dll in VB or C# then why not the whole thing?

1. you need to build a dll that has your functions to interface with the imagers in .NET, any .NET lang should do, make that COM accessible in your project.

2. call your dll to do stuff in autoit scripts.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions