Coded UI projects rule

Earthshine

They allow you to record scripts in your favorite .NET language and then you can modify them and add stuff to your liking. So far, all I have to do is port 2 classes I wrote in Python using TestComplete to automate install/repair/test/stress/uninstall our products.

you need VS 2015 or 2017 Enterprise. Unit Test projects also rule, but these are so convenient with the recorder and all. FAST development.

If you are a professional Windows apps developer, you really need MSDN subscription. Make your life simpler.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 4 weeks later...

turns out, my license was a six month TRIAL... ugh, however, I found FlaUI and can carry on with NUnit and this for automation of WPF and WinForms. I tell you, there is no panecea of UIAutomation that I have found.

Introduction

FlaUI is a .NET library which helps with automated UI testing of Windows applications (Win32, WinForms, WPF, Store Apps, ...).
It is based on native UI Automation libraries from Microsoft and therefore kind of a wrapper around them.
FlaUI wraps almost everything from the UI Automation libraries but also provides the native objects in case someone has a special need which is not covered (yet) by FlaUI.
Some ideas are copied from the UIAComWrapper project or TestStack.White but rewritten from scratch to have a clean codebase.

https://github.com/Roemer/FlaUI

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions