full screen gui

strate

How do I make a full screen gui that takes in account the height of the taskbar? I have a program that will be ran on different pc and want the gui to look the same on each one.

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

How do I make a full screen gui that takes in account the height of the taskbar? I have a program that will be ran on different pc and want the gui to look the same on each one.

Try this

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$taskbar = WinGetPos("","Notification Area");taskbar x,y,width,height

$x = @DesktopWidth
$y = @DesktopHeight - $taskbar[3]

GUICreate("My GUI",$x,$y,0,0)  
GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)    ; will display an empty dialog box

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
Wend

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

$Start_Bar = ControlGetPos('','Start',40965)
$Main_App = GUICreate('Label Application',@DesktopWidth,@DesktopHeight - $Start_Bar[3]-25)
GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Wend
Exit

Thanks you started me in the right direction. I'm not sure why but getting the size of the bar never crossed my mind.

I've found that this works better for me. Another question, would it be possible to change the size of the gui after it is created; without recreating the whole thing? I know that I need to place it in the loop, something like guisetsize, lol.

Last one, is it possible to maxmize a gui like you can other programs? Currently when I maximize, it covers the taskbar, which i do not want; ideas?

Edited by strate
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

$Start_Bar = ControlGetPos('','Start',40965)
$Main_App = GUICreate('Label Application',@DesktopWidth,@DesktopHeight - $Start_Bar[3]-25)
GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Wend
Exit

Thanks you started me in the right direction. I'm not sure why but getting the size of the bar never crossed my mind.

I've found that this works better for me. Another question, would it be possible to change the size of the gui after it is created; without recreating the whole thing? I know that I need to place it in the loop, something like guisetsize, lol.

Last one, is it possible to maxmize a gui like you can other programs? Currently when I maximize, it covers the taskbar, which i do not want; ideas?

for re-sizing the gui, that can be accomplished using WinMove(). For the other question about fullscreen - taskbar height, there is actually a recent thread (last 10 days) in this forum that has code to do exactly that.

its in the help file on your computer

on your computer press the following

Start > All Programs > Autoit v3 > Autoit Help File

when that loads then press the "search" tab

then type in "?your search?" and press "List Topics"

search for "WinMove".... should be first on the list

the link for the taskbar is here

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st=0&p=132764

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Would you be able to link me to it? I just looked at every topic back to thanksgiving, and found nothing.

lol, not laughing at you, but at myself. i had the forum up in 2 windows, and in one i saw this thread with no responses, and in the other i'd seen Bigdod's code to size the window.