Variables & Arrays

14 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

But it's necessary for clarity, such as the reference to declaring a Global Static variable being meaningless.

I said it was an exception in the next sentence. However one thing I said was incorrect: I'm about to change that.

Edited by czardas

On lundi 4 juin 2018 at 3:44 PM, Melba23 said:

pixelsearch,

You can initially declare the array as Global $aHistorique[0][9] - then you will not get the blank line.

M23

Hi Melba23

I started to change my few scripts using this relatively new feature you explained me (the [0] row during declaring the Array, to avoid a blank row if the Array is intented to be populated with __ArrayAdd)

All when fine except one thing which created an error in the include file ArrayDisplayInternals.au3 , function __ArrayDisplay_Share, line 343,  $vTmp = $aArray[$i][$j] . The error can be reproduced like this :

#include <Array.au3>
Global $aHistorique[0][9]
_ArrayDisplay($aHistorique, "Title")  ; ok
_ArrayDisplay($aHistorique, "Title", "|4")  ; error and Console shows :

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ArrayDisplayInternals.au3" (343) : ==> Variable subscript badly formatted.:
$vTmp = $aArray[$i][$j]
$vTmp = $aArray[^ ERROR

Displaying the variables with MsgBox placed immediately before line 343 shows this : $i = -1 and $j = 0
This didn't happen when using Global $aHistorique[1][9] because the Array display showed the 1st columns of an empty row.

Hoping these informations were useful