VFP6R.dll

Hello,

At work we get sometimes the error "vfp6r.dll is missing or damaged"

Does anyone knows why this error happens?

We work with a citrix server.

Now we close all the connections with the server and then we deleted the vfp6r.dll and copy the vfp6r.dll from a backup location.

Is this all possible with just one autoit script "shutdown all connections,delete dll and copy dll"?

Sapiente vince, rex, noli vincere ferro!

Hello,

Now we close all the connections with the server and then we deleted the vfp6r.dll and copy the vfp6r.dll from a backup location.

Is this all possible with just one autoit script "shutdown all connections,delete dll and copy dll"?

I am not to familiar with Citrix server but I am sure that if it has a GUI interface and you can select something along the lines of File/Close all connections then it would be possible. The commands you should look at are ControlSend, FileDelete and FileCopy.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm just guessing, but visual fox pro 6 runtime .dynamic link library may give your system admin or programmers some clues on where to look for the damaged, missing or incorrectly installed file.

Can I suggest you may have an unreliable network connection and the relevant file is being corrupted during transmission, or else it is not being stored correctly at the destination PC due to disk errors, memory errors, or similar problems.

I strongly suggest you should focus on fixing the underlying problem rather than using AutoIT to apply a bandaid solution. :lmao: