GUICtrlRead, turns stuff into a string?

huldu

I just found out that using GUICtrlRead, for example in GUICtrlCreateInput will turn what was typed in into a string. Ok nothing wrong with that!. What i was wondering how do i turn a string into a number.

I have a small script that waits for user to input a number. The user writes a number and press "accept" (everything works sofar). Now the problems starts, i made a check to see if the user wrote anything but numbers as a safety switch. The problem is this safety switch isnt letting the string thru, even tho its only numbers in it. I havent "programed" in years and dont remember anything, but i do recall something in C++ that could "convert" a string to int?.

So i was just wondering if there is any way to check a "string" for bogus letters, if any were found it would stop and error would pop up. However if only letters were found in the string it would turn the string into a "number" that IntNumber would let thru.

This maybe was a bit complicated, but im pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out and i dont have much hair left now lol.

"I'm paper, rock is fine, nerf scissors!!!"

Wait i maybe found the solution myself!

If i turned GUICtrlCreateInput("", 56, 176, 49, 21, -1, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) into:

GUICtrlCreateInput("", 56, 176, 49, 21, -1, $ES_NUMBER)

It would only allow digits to be typed in? but it would still be a string of course, but if nothing but letters can be typed i guess thats good enough :P

Another thing, is it possible to add more then 1 "edit styles" to a control? like...

GUICtrlCreateInput("", 56, 176, 49, 21, -1, $ES_NUMBER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) ?

-- Wow you guys got the best reply speed ive ever seen on a forum!

Edited by huldu

"I'm paper, rock is fine, nerf scissors!!!"