The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I am getting the below error message in the scriptor:

>"C:\Users\avinash.pandey\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_autoit-v3.zip\install\SciTe\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\avinash.pandey\Documents\fileUpload.au3"    
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 0.362

Below is my code i have used:

ControlFocus("Choose File to Upload","","Edit1")
ControlSetText("Choose File to Upload","","Edit1","C:\Users\avinash.pandey\Desktop\blank.txt")
ControlClick("Choose File to Upload","","Button1")

• Developers
5 minutes ago, apavinashpandey4 said:

Temp1_autoit-v3.zip

Did you start SciTE from the zip file and thus are you trying to run AutoIt3.exe from inside a ZIP file?
Why not simply use the installer and be assured it will work?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 1 year later...

The most reliable way would be to install AutoIt, as already mentioned by @Jos . There you will find the AutotIt3.exe.

By the way : You can insert a formatted text as plaintext by using "Ctrl + Shift + V".

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers
3 hours ago, Himanshu12 said:

autoit.exe file is not running in window 8.1 so i downloaded the zip of it now it is saying that The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect at compile time how to resolve this kindly reply thanku..!!

Either use the installers as provided or be prepared to share all setupinfo en messages you get, because these bits of information is getting you nowhere.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)