Newbie needing help

Hi i can take the username and password using input box.

The problem is i have to send this username and password to another application having username and password fields.Can this be done.

The application is run from a batch file.The batch file calls the jar files and then the application starts.

How do i transfer the username,password values captured in the inputbox to the username,password fields of the application.

How do i transfer the username,password values captured in the inputbox to the username,password fields of the application.

As you use InputBox (which only keeps one variable at the time) you would have to use two consecutive InpuBoxes to get both - OR - use one and force the user to enter both at once eg. ---> username:password. The answer to your question: with Variables AND Send :P

• Moderators

If they are both your applications using an Au3.exe, you can use $cmdline[0] or Envset/Envget at run time of the 2nd Au3.exe:

If not you could use BeastMasters idea of setting the information to variables, and using Send or ControlSend or ControlSetText may even work.

If this is a browser application using Internet Explorer you could use Dale's IE.au3 possibly to set the username and password fields.

All in all... try to be a bit more specific and maybe people that have done the 'exact' same thing that you are wanting to do can maybe provide even a UDF for you to use... Good Luck.

Edit

I just noticed this was the Au2 support... sorry if the above items aren't even an option... Ooops!

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.