howto disable autocorrect for editing posts?

rudi

Hello,

just in the autoit Forums I have the Problem, that autocorrect is doing a lot of false UPPERCASE corrections. Searching my Profile here I cannot see any Option to turn off this behaviour. And, no, changing the local browser language from German to English in General is not an Option, because I use quite a lot of different Workstations ...

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

I don't have any auto-correct, I am assuming you are using a phone? turn off the extension in your browser if on a pc. I have no auto-correct in browser and don't know what you are talking about really. other than that, it's your phone settings

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

Hello @Earthshine

No, I'm Talking About writing Posts in Firefox or Chrome on Win7 or Win10 PCs. The autocorrection is altering the first letter of all words, that are valid nouns in German language to UPPERcase. (in German all nouns are written with "Fist-Letter-Uppercase")

So at least, it must be some Setting for the browser, or Maybe Office? As this is Happening at several PCs and Browsers I was wondering, if it's some feature of the Forum pages...

For this post all the uppercase letters were altered to UPPER while typing these lines, directly after Pressing space "behind-the-word" on the fly.

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• Developers

Don't think there is any forum option for spelling so guess this must be a browser function on your computer.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)