Gui Question

I have a gui (autoit-gui) that has an Edit control with vertical scroll and read only styles. I have written information to the edit box. When I display the gui the Edit box displays the lines at the bottom (i.e. scrolled down) - how can I set the Edit control so that it is scolled to the top of the Edit box. :D

Edited by alawoona

Yeah - I don't mind if it overwrites as you suggest. I just want the the script to set the caret position back to the beginning of the edit box. I was hoping I missed a function that would set the caret position in an edit box like (like ControlCommand/GetCurrentLine but set rather than get). But I will have to figure another way to do it.

Edited by alawoona

There should be a simple set of rules for GUI. Complicated applications of GUI should require complicated scripting. Simple application should require simple scripting.

I think setting text of an Edit field should overwrite the text in the field by default. Appending to the text is a specialty and should require special scripting. I fear GUI will try to accomodate specific needs losing focus of the basic needs.

I would like to see GUI react consistantly for all controls. When something more than simple needs to be done, let the solution be scripting, not internal GUI enhancements. GUI will be implemented in AutoIt3 more quickly if it is kept simple with a simple set of rules, easilly defined.

Lar.

I agree with what Larry says.