C alternative to GTK+ GUI toolkit

faustf

Hi guys  i have a  question for experts , i  see a language  C and  bind with GTK+ , the scope  is create a simple listview and insert item at runtime (by a stream data ), i saw,  i should use  a multiprocessor or multithread , but for me  with GTK is  very complicated ,.

Exist some alternative at GTK for C  but much simply for do that ? , is not necessary have  a beautiful graphic

thankz at all

Edited by faustf

IUP is the best cross-platform GUI toolkit which offers native look-and-feel because it uses native API! Best of all, it is written in pure C :)

They have a tutorial section which can help you get started, once you get used to IUP's functions, making a listview with dynamic insertion at runtime should be easy peasy :D

P.S The title of this thread is very generic and not useful, maybe you can change it to something like "C alternative to GTK+ GUI toolkit"

Edited by TheDcoder

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I dived deep into IUP for one of my projects, at first I loved it so much that I made a Golang wrapper for it.

But the big drawback is that it lacks ListView control! There is the Matrix control but it didn't well suited for my needs.

Also, I never get used to layout GUI composition, but I must be the problem here...

Edited by matwachich

9 hours ago, matwachich said:

But the big drawback is that it lacks ListView control!

Really? I guess it is because they need to support the legacy Motif GUI framework as well, which may lack this control... that, or they simply didn't get to it yet because there wasn't enough demand.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion