Reading regional settings

I've just found out that my program is failing on computers that don't have the US/English character set loaded.

I can't possibly write a program for multiple languages, so I want to at least detect the regional settings, and if they don't match the settings in the attach screenshot, warn the user, then exit.

Is there a non-graphical way of detecting these regional settings, ie a straightforward API call or calls?

thanks

I think this will help

MsgBox( 0, "", RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WOW\boot.description", "language.dll"))

@OSLang might be helpful as well... look at the help file. the example is what you want.

Let me know if this solves it

-Mike

Edited by mikeytown2

I think this will help

MsgBox( 0, "", RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WOW\boot.description", "language.dll"))

@OSLang might be helpful as well... look at the help file. the example is what you want.

Let me know if this solves it

-Mike

The msgbox line produces what I want, on my system, now I have to send ths to users who aren't using the English character set, to see what shows up on theirs.

THanks