Adding some GUI to the script

Hi all,

I'm busy with automating all the thirdparty product installations which are always such a hassle when you need to re-install your whole PC. So far so good, but I realized a thing. These tools match my requirements, but since I install many PC's of friends and relatives, they do not always agree with my choice of software.

To deal with this I could build several scripts, all matching each and everyone's specific requierments and demands. I might seem crazy to do all this, but I ain't going to do that ;).

The easiest way to do this is to just make a msgbox with a counter in it so you can cancel installations (skip them) if you don't want that particular app.

Now although that might work just fine, it would still require my attention to the installation process. I still have to hit cancel on every program I don't want.

Now I know autoIT has a GUI functionality. Wouldn't it be nice to have a simple window in which you could check and uncheck the different programs you wrote an install script for? And work from there? I'm convinced that's possible with autoIT, looking at the hugely complicated code I have seen on this forum o:)

But I have no idea where to start. In fact, I have no idea how to start :king:. Can somebody explain to me plz? :lmao:

See This topic here, the request is similar.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother