RemoteApp starts minimized in Windows 2019 when using few monitors

Ghost1982

Hello

I've encountered unusual behaviour of RemoteApp after migrating to Windos 2019.

We were using AutoIT scripts for RemoteApp applications for a long time on Windows 2012 jumphosts without any issues. However after moving to Windows 2109 all the rdp connections for some reason are starting minimized on client computer. This is causing that AutoIT scrip cannot continue with script sequence as it "deosn't know" that RDP windows is opened. What is more funny it happens ONLY when using more than one monitor when openning session. Has anyone faced such issue? I'm assuiming that it is caused either by some 2019 additional RemoteApp setting or in general by newer RemoteApp or RDP version but I don't know which one.

• 4 months later...

I didn't understand what you mean. I probably can't help but you need to give more details if you want people to help.
How exactly do you use Autoit? As the published application? As a way to generate the RDP icon?

Not related to AutoIt but I've seen several programs to not work when moved on a monitor which is not the main one.

Philippe
Amiga user

• 6 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, Ghost1982 said:

Hello

I've encountered unusual behaviour of RemoteApp after migrating to Windos 2019.

We were using AutoIT scripts for RemoteApp applications for a long time on Windows 2012 jumphosts without any issues. However after moving to Windows 2109 all the rdp connections for some reason are starting minimized on client computer. This is causing that AutoIT scrip cannot continue with script sequence as it "deosn't know" that RDP windows is opened. What is more funny it happens ONLY when using more than one monitor when openning session. Has anyone faced such issue? I'm assuiming that it is caused either by some 2019 additional RemoteApp setting or in general by newer RemoteApp or RDP version but I don't know which one.

I had the same problem. The solution is easy - disabling Hi-Def mode for RemoteApp. Folow https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/d94366da-860f-128b-724d-15a858b81ece or apply attached reg file on the client computer

RemoteAPPRepair.reg