Displaying an image without a window

a friend of mine at work here asked me to make her something like her own MS Office assistant. I have limited internet access here, so i'm not able to search for any solutions on the web for creating custom assistants. I was looking through scripts and scraps, and there have been a few scripts of late that work with text regions (larry's udf), or creating graphics with SetPixel. Those create the same kind of effect that i'm looking for, where just the area that the graphics or text are to appear are affected. but the text region wouldn't work, because i actually want to display a .gif, and the SetPixel used for the spraypaint script i think may be too slow. I'm sorry i don't have any code written up yet for this, but i'm still kind of researching to see how it could be done. Any suggestions?

a friend of mine at work here asked me to make her something like her own MS Office assistant. I have limited internet access here, so i'm not able to search for any solutions on the web for creating custom assistants. I was looking through scripts and scraps, and there have been a few scripts of late that work with text regions (larry's udf), or creating graphics with SetPixel. Those create the same kind of effect that i'm looking for, where just the area that the graphics or text are to appear are affected. but the text region wouldn't work, because i actually want to display a .gif, and the SetPixel used for the spraypaint script i think may be too slow. I'm sorry i don't have any code written up yet for this, but i'm still kind of researching to see how it could be done. Any suggestions?

sorry, i hate to bump, but i know how quickly posts are lost once they're off the first page.

sorry, i hate to bump, but i know how quickly posts are lost once they're off the first page.

Is This what you are looking for.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother