Windows login?

Mincho

So, i know it doesn't seem likely, but i thought i'd ask anyway. Is there a way to use auto it to automatically login to windows (hitting alt-ctrl-del first for the old school win2000 logon)? I was able to write a nice script for renaming and putting computers on a domain, but i was wondering how much of the process i could automate.

Thanks!

Love the program!

No. AutoIt cannot simulate Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The best you could do is set the autologon registry keys...

Try a forum search for "workstation" or "logon" or something and you should find posts that address this.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

So, i know it doesn't seem likely, but i thought i'd ask anyway. Is there a way to use auto it to automatically login to windows (hitting alt-ctrl-del first for the old school win2000 logon)? I was able to write a nice script for renaming and putting computers on a domain, but i was wondering how much of the process i could automate.

Thanks!

Love the program!

Would you be so nice and post the code you have so far for putting computers on domain and renaming etc ?

kpu: i have checked that program of yours and i don't realy see the use of it in that case here?

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Heres what i have currently. Its my first script with this lil program. Its not tested extensivley, but it should work, you're gonna have to add your domain, username, and passwords for adding computers to the domain, i took my vital info out. Maybe some input boxes there would be a good idea.

Thanks for repsonding guys, i will check out that psexec too!

ReNamer_Domainer.au3

Heres what i have currently. Its my first script with this lil program. Its not tested extensivley, but it should work, you're gonna have to add your domain, username, and passwords for adding computers to the domain, i took my vital info out. Maybe some input boxes there would be a good idea.

Thanks for repsonding guys, i will check out that psexec too!

Tnx for posting your code. Got one little 'but' about it. You shouldn't do 2 tasks at once (1. Set new name of computer, 2. Add to domain). At least in my domain there are problems when i add computer to domain before rebooting after name change. And i think you will have some too. I tried (by hand) to ease my tasks a bit so i did RENAME COMPUTER, ADD TO DOMAIN, and added USER to administrators all at once. All was okey but then the user gets back to me that he can't login or when he logins he doesn't have administrator rights. Quick look in Administrators group and there 'Domain Admins' and 'username' are fucked up a bit (SID numbers instead of names). Not 100% sure why it fucks it up but i am thinking now that your program should do 'rename', add a line to RunOnceEx that will add computer to domain when the reboot is done and then add 'user' you choose to Administrators Group. Unless I am wrong about it. Maybe it only happend for me ;p

BTW. Due to WaitActive use your code is language dependand. Probably there's some better way to do it. Maybe ControlID would be better in that case?

Edited by MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Tnx for posting your code. Got one little 'but' about it. You shouldn't do 2 tasks at once (1. Set new name of computer, 2. Add to domain)

Ah, but it doesn't! Depending on the button clicked, it will go through and do that function, then restart the computer. Of course you will have to run it again upon restart for the other function, but hey, i'm happy that it worked at all.

BTW. Due to WaitActive use your code is language dependand. Probably there's some better way to do it. Maybe ControlID would be better in that case.

Go ahead and mess with the code if you want, i really dont mind. Seems to work well enough for my purposes :lmao: