Help with setting file properties

Hi All,

I am writing a script that allows me to set a star rating and add file comments to a file using the Details tab in Explorers File Properties page.

I haven't found a way to do this behind the scenes, so use mouse control and text sending.

This was working great on video files of most types, but it appears as these 2 options don't apply to some video file types, such as .mkv.

I decided that if I couldn't write to the video file, I'd write to the image thumbnail for the video. Here, I ran into 2 issues.

Firstly, I use a program called FastPreview, which adds a thumbnail of the image to the right-click menu. This program adds a tab in the file properties page. As other programs might do similar things, I looked for a way to find the details tab. I did this by reading the controls in the tab until I got the details tab. This works, but is a bit finicky, and I can't find a hotkey to go to the details tab.

Does anyone know of a way to get to the details tab without knowing where it might actually reside on the tab bar?

Second issue is that the column divider between the Property column and Value column is different for a video file and an image file.

Is there a way to find out how wide the Property column of the Details tab actually is?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

For working with Tabs you can use ControlCommand() + CurrentTab/TabRight/TabLeft commands

or more precise UDFs functions _GUICtrlTab_xxx() from #Include <GuiTab.au3>

I recommend to use these functions:

ControlGetHandle()
_GUICtrlTab_GetItemCount()
_GUICtrlTab_GetItemText()
_GUICtrlTab_FindTab()
_GUICtrlTab_GetCurSel()
_GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel()

Edited by Zedna