Visually Comparing a Window Region

Hi Gang,

I'm trying to automate a wxWindows button :lmao: . It's a bitmap button, but the class type indicates that it's not a standard windows control. So I would like to visually compare it with a known graphic of it's up and down states. Can someone tell me what commands I would need to use to detect the color content of pixels in a particular region? Also how can I load my known pictures and compare with that? There must be a code example of this already?

Thanks,

Christian Blackburn

;)

Christian Blackburn, A+, Network+

umm i'd say lookup PixelGetColor, and PixelCheckSum

--my two cents

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

• 3 weeks later...

umm i'd say lookup PixelGetColor, and PixelCheckSum

Hi CDKid,

Thanks so much for the tip. I just now saw it. I thought all phpBBs would send me an e-mail if someone replied. However, I can see a check box while I'm writing this that says [ ] Enable e-mail notification of replies?, so I'm thinking I'll be able to respond more promptly in the future. I think I'll use that PixelCheckSum function with the coordinate mode relative to the foreground window. Using a checksum is a brilliant idea. I should be able to tell if any button in the toolbar is pressed, by variations in the checksum. I also think it's awesome that you can choose the frequency of pixels it'll include in the checksum.

Cheers,

Christian

Christian Blackburn, A+, Network+