Help: AU3Info has turned into the invisible man

packrat

I don't know if I accidentally hit some "impossible" keystroke combination or what, but my AU3Info has decided not to show itself onscreen.

When I invoke AU3Info (and I've tried all ways: SciTE4AutoIt3 Tools, Ctrl-F6, Start/Programs/..., and StartMenu...), the Windows XP taskbar has an entry, but NO AU3Info window appears. If I click on the taskbar button, it shows that Au3Info is the "active" application, but nothing shows onscreen. If I rightclick the taskbar button, depending on what was previously clicked, either (1) Move, Size, Minimize, and Close are highlighted for clicking, or else, if I clicked Minimize (for example) and click the taskbar button again, (2) Restore and Close are highlighted for clicking--but that's all that happens!

I rebooted with no change. I reinstalled AutoIt3 with no change. I installed the new version of SciTE4AutoIt3 with no change. Additionally, the same behavior occurs with the 20K "production" version and with the newer 35K version installed by the "beta" version.

I've used (and depended on) this tool almost daily (at least it seemed that way!) for the past 2-3 months for a project, so I know that it used to appear and that it worked properly.

Anyone have any ideas what's happening? Thanks!

Harvey

Silly unrelated question: What anti-virus software are you running? Has it identified one of the AutoIT packages as a false positive? When did you last update your anti-virus signatures?

Edited by Confuzzled

SOLVED!!

Y'all please don't laugh now...

After working with our IT manager (he had already left for the day when my problem arose yesterday), it turns out that AU3Info's "disappearing act" was due to changing screen resolution midstream. Apparently, I had pushed it to the right when working on a screen with 1152x864 resolution, switched back to my usual 800x600, and closed out of AutoIt (including AU3Info). When starting AutoIt again later (in 800x600), AU3Info wouldn't appear because its last "remembered" position was beyond 800--it was there, but it was beyond the bounds of visibility. When we switched to the higher resolution again, there it was--all bright and shiny, just like new! It hadn't disappeared at all--it merely followed my command and was sitting in virtual space to the right of my monitor's screen. Something to add to the collective knowledge archive. ;-)

Harvey