Scite4Autoit v5.3.5 BETA, display error.

donnyh13

Go to solution Solved by Jos,

Hi all, I posted this in

But haven't gotten any response.

I have downloaded the following files, from https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE5-with-DynamicFunctions/

SciTE4AutoIt3.exe;
SciTE_changes_Dynamic_Includes_LUA.zip;
SciTEx86.zip

I uninstalled everything, Autoit and Scite, deleted the autoit folder in ProgramFiles 86, and in the Local folder. Reinstalled Autoit 3.3.16.1, and installed the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe file, then replaced the files in ProgramFiles 86\Autoit\Scite\Lua with the files in SciTE_changes_Dynamic_Includes_LUA.zip, and also replaced the files in ProgramFiles 86\Autoit\Scite with the ones in SciTEx86.zip. (I also tried x64)

Upon opening Scite I get 3(?) CMD windows popup then disappear on start up and also at  each Tab switch ( which is not the problem, but noticed another user reporting the issue on Page 2 of the above post)

But upon opening a pre-existing script, I get a display error where a certain line is displayed for the entire viewpane. It seems to be the line that is one past the last visible, or the last numbered, which ever comes first. For example, in the below picture, line 33 is being displayed.

But If I move my cursor to the spot with clicking or down arrow etc, the particular line where the cursor is, displays correctly.

As I scroll, the displayed line changes also.

If I move the cursor to the last line, this is what an empty script looks like: (Note the entire viewpane turns yellow).

If I type a function there,

Here is the script using Scite Ver. 4.4.6

Same Script, Scite, 5.3.5

I Have a Windows 7 64bit, 4GB Ram (Max possible), Intel Pentium E5800 3.2.0GHz, Intel G41, E2041 Express chipset which has been known to have display issues for certain graphic applications, but I wouldn't think for Autoit/Scite?? In looking at the error log with all debug options active, I see no errors.

Another note, though perhaps not a very useful one,  I downloaded Scite executable, 5.3.7 from

https://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDownload.html

and ran the Scite program, I tried typing a few lines, etc, but I don't seem to have any of these display issues on there? Not sure if that helps any or not, as I know the one that comes with AutoIt3 is a customized version.

And furthermore, I have tested, perhaps this is also useless to say, but... I reverted to Scite 4.4.6 installation, and copied over the files: SciTE.exe, Scintilla.dll, Lexilla.dll,  from the Scite 5.3.5 installation. The problem still persists. I also tried copying Scintilla.dll, Lexilla.dll, from the plain Scite installation from Neil, and the problem persists. It seems what ever is changed in Scite.exe (Autoit Version) between 4.4.6 and 5.3.5 is to blame. I'm not sure of any further troubleshooting steps to perform.

Let me know if you need more info.

Donny

Edited by donnyh13

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

• Developers

I have seen it but can only have a look in a couple of days. Do me a favor and supply the debug logs in a zip file if you haven't already.

Tnx. Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Okay, thanks Jos. Sorry for posting again, wasn't sure if you still checked the post or not anymore. Will attach the Log below. You mention Log(s), I only know of one, namely SciTE_LUA_Scripts_Debug.err. Is there another I should know about? Also a note, I have uninstalled 5.3.5 and reverted to 4.4.6 for usual Autoit coding, so I am running 5.3.5 from a full copy of the autoit folder on my desktop. If this is a problem I can reinstall properly if need be.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

• Developers
9 hours ago, donnyh13 said:

You mention Log(s), I only know of one, namely SciTE_LUA_Scripts_Debug.err. Is there another I should know about?

Thanks... that is indeed the log I want to look. :)

Will likely be able to do some checking on Wednesday at the earliest and follow the steps you have done to see if I can replicate it.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks Jos. There is a chance that it's my video chipset. I have a friend with a Windows 7 too, I could try it on theirs but have to wait for an opportunity to do it. If I get a chance to try it, I'll let you know the results.

Spoiler

• Developers
  • Solution

You could play a little with the technology in SciTEUser.properties:

technology On Windows Vista or newer, this can be set to 1, 2 or 3 to use the Direct2D and DirectWrite APIs for higher quality antialiased drawing or 0 to use the older GDI. The default is 1. The value 2 causes the frame to be retained after presentation which may prevent drawing failures on some cards and drivers. 3 may also prevent drawing failures on some cards and drivers but with lower speed.

There should be no changes in my version as to these type of settings so you should see the same issues with the official full SciTE version, unless any patches were made in the newer version that came out since the one I made available.  

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Okay Jos, that worked. Setting technology to 0 made all of the text visible and display appropriately. One note, I tried setting technology=0 in SciTEUser.properties, but it seemed to do nothing. So I went to SciTEGlobal.properties and changed the technology setting on line 81 to 0, which worked. All other settings, (1-3) did not produce a visible change.

It is strange, as I did not have this trouble on Scite4Autoit 4.4.6, and I did not have this problem with the standard Scite 5.3.6, perhaps for the standard Scite, i didn't have the troubles because there's no autocomplete, and syntax highlighting set? (Kind of taking a shot in the dark). I tried to download a 5.3.5 version, but I would need to figure out how to compile all three(Scite,Lexilla,Scintilla) for use as the history page doesn't seem to offer the executable version.

Spoiler

• Developers

Did you open the SciTEUser.properties via the menu structure (Options / Open User options file)  as that is really the file you need to change?
The SciTEGlobal.properties is updated with each release, so should be left alone. :) 

I have no idea why you didn't have he same issue with the official version as this isn't touched in our version. 
I wouldn't worry about the why when this fixes it, so all you need to figure out is why the SciTEUser.properties isn't working for you (yet).

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ah, my bad. I was changing the one in my separate folder (where I have a copy of the beta to try fixes with), not the one it was referencing in my installation folder (where my old 4.4.6 installation is). Yes, you're right, the SciTEUser.properties file worked as expected.

A quick note, I found a 5.3.5 Scite executable on archive and tried it with language set to C/C++, and did not have the issue still. Strange.

But, thank you very much Jos, that fixed it anyway.

Spoiler

Hey Jos, another couple questions.

Can I remove the debug log, and pictures in either this post or your Beta post, or both? (Just trying to preserve upload space)

And secondly, (and it appears I'm alone on this problem too.) I noticed the colouring for the output pane has changed: This is the result of running example 2 for ConsoleWrite.

2023-09-1214_18_58-C__ProgramFiles(x86)_AutoIt3_Examples_Helpfile_ConsoleWrite2.au3-SciTE4.png.295469eeeb2007164ec06387358994fa.png

I haven't modified any colour settings that I know of.

Spoiler

• Developers
3 minutes ago, donnyh13 said:

Can I remove the debug log, and pictures in either this post or your Beta post, or both? (Just trying to preserve upload space)

Of course no issue when all is working as required. ;) 

3 minutes ago, donnyh13 said:

And secondly, (and it appears I'm alone on this problem too.) I noticed the colouring for the output pane has changed: This is the result of running example 2 for ConsoleWrite.

2023-09-1214_18_58-C__ProgramFiles(x86)_AutoIt3_Examples_Helpfile_ConsoleWrite2.au3-SciTE4.png.295469eeeb2007164ec06387358994fa.png

ah... I see that the defaults seem to have changed in for these styles  style.errorlist.xx in file others.properties.
I haven't noticed that as I have some scheme loaded via SciTEConfig which contains these definition which are set in SciTEUser.properties:

style.errorlist.32=$(font.base),back:#FFFFFF
style.errorlist.0=fore:#000000
style.errorlist.3=fore:#ff8000;back:#FFFFFF
style.errorlist.4=fore:#0000FF
style.errorlist.10=fore:#FF0000,bold
style.errorlist.11=fore:#007F00,bold
style.errorlist.12=fore:#FF8800,bold
style.errorlist.13=fore:#804000

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.