PrimalScript End String Color Scheme Error

Hey, I was wondering if any of you PrimalScripters are having the same problem I'm experiencing. When I write a string "" and end the string with a \", the color scheme continues on throughout the rest of the line. Any of you have a fix for this?

i.e. if fileexists("C:\") then msgbox(0, "", "")

• Moderators

Shows up right in SciTe... what editor are you using?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

What editor? I'm using PrimalScript. Is there anything that I can do in PrimalScript to utilize the language settings in SciTE? I really like PrimalScript, but if there's no way to use it, then I'll start using SciTE.

From the help file:
AutoIt scripts are simple text files that you can edit with notepad.exe.  However there are many free or shareware editors that are much better for writing scripts and many feature syntax highlighting so that AutoIt keywords and functions stand out making scripting much easier and less prone to mistakes.

The current editor used by the majority of AutoIt users is SciTe, the AutoIt development team has created a custom version of SciTe with full syntax highlighting that also integrates various third-party AutoIt tools (like syntax checking and script tidying). The AutoIt version of SciTe can be found at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/

Some other recommended editors are:

TextPad 
Crimson Editor (free) 
Source Edit (free) 
UltraEdit 
There are frequent arguments on the forums over which is the best.  :)

AutoIt comes supplied with some pre-written syntax files for many editors and they can be found in the Extra installation directory (there is a link under Start Menu / AutoIt v3 / Extra).

If your serious about AutoIt, I suggest SciTe, Jdeb does a wonderful job staying on top of everything from the released version to beta releases of AutoIt for SciTe. There will be much more you can do with AutoIt than you'll be able to do with other editors, and you'll find it's a wonderful editor on top of that.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.