Deleting

Rodev

• Moderators

In the form of an autoit script would be nice.... :lmao:

You need to learn how to script that yourself... I don't think anyone will help you to delete someones/your desktop icons, especially not knowing or trusting your intentions as a new user.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You need to learn how to script that yourself... I don't think anyone will help you to delete someones/your desktop icons, especially not knowing or trusting your intentions as a new user.

I don't want them to be deleted, just moved to the recycle bin, I have it done, with mous click+drag and the I got stuck. :lmao:

putting then in the recycle bin is not destroying... i dont want to help to make a malicious program

All you need to do is right-click on the recycle bin. create a shortcut, and place it the in program/script folder

$Recycle_lnk = @TempDir & "\Recycle_bin.lnk"
    FileInstall(@ScriptDir & "\Recycle_bin.lnk", $Recycle_lnk)

Run( "explorer.exe " & @DesktopDir & "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
Sleep(1000)
Send("!EA")
Sleep(1000)
Send("!Et")
Sleep(1000)

Run(@ComSpec & " /C START " & $Recycle_lnk , "", @SW_HIDE)
Sleep(1000)
Send("!EP")

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators

... Really it only needs to be one line of code... but I still don't like the idea of someones 1st post asking how to delete someones desktop... no.. it's not 'totally' deleting them, but why not ask then how to move them to a different folder. Do you use your Recycle Bin as a storage folder for your important folders?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

putting then in the recycle bin is not destroying... i dont want to help to make a malicious program

All you need to do is right-click on the recycle bin. create a shortcut, and place it the in program/script folder

$Recycle_lnk = @TempDir & "\Recycle_bin.lnk"
    FileInstall(@ScriptDir & "\Recycle_bin.lnk", $Recycle_lnk)
Run( "explorer.exe " & @DesktopDir & "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
Sleep(1000)
Send("!EA")
Sleep(1000)
Send("!Et")
Sleep(1000)

Run(@ComSpec & " /C START " & $Recycle_lnk , "", @SW_HIDE)
Sleep(1000)
Send("!EP")

8)

Thanks! I also want to understand how it is all working so may I ask what: Send("!EA") does?

... Really it only needs to be one line of code... but I still don't like the idea of someones 1st post asking how to delete someones desktop... no.. it's not 'totally' deleting them, but why not ask then how to move them to a different folder. Do you use your Recycle Bin as a storage folder for your important folders?

Yes, now I can release my trojan upon the internet! :lmao:

Thanks! I also want to understand how it is all working so may I ask what: Send("!EA") does?

it sends "Alt" + "E" for Edit menu + "A" for select All

you should check out my Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3

you can push "Show Me - Search Help" and type in "Send" you will see everything

a great educational tool

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048#

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators

Yes, now I can release my trojan upon the internet! :lmao:

I assume you say this in Jest, but if you did/do any searching at all to find anything you are looking for rather than just comming to the forum and say I need/ I want / Please Make Me... you'll see that it has in fact been done.

Exscuse Me/Those of us that care for AutoIt, and take these types of request (Especially from Noobs) as suspicious, with absolutely no explination other than "Put the desktop icons in the recycle bin". Try taking a look at your post from the inside out, and you tell me what you would think.

I assume you say this in Jest, but if you did/do any searching at all to find anything you are looking for rather than just comming to the forum and say I need/ I want / Please Make Me... you'll see that it has in fact been done.

Exscuse Me/Those of us that care for AutoIt, and take these types of request (Especially from Noobs) as suspicious, with absolutely no explination other than "Put the desktop icons in the recycle bin". Try taking a look at your post from the inside out, and you tell me what you would think.

Ditto here... SmOke

8)

NEWHeader1.png