Koda ver 1.5 uploaded

lookfar

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all - thanks for your work, Zedna, this really appreciated!

Many problems with parser are caused by incorrect support concatenated strings. This is on first place in todo.

Second problem - now parser looks whole script. For example, in project del_old_upd.au3 you have two separate GUIs, both are contain $progress control - so it's was converted twice.

I think best way to fix it - if parser will try to find multiple GUIs first, and then allow user to select what GUI should be converted.

In latest Koda beta isn't included lang_frbe.xml from Groumphy from this post

Ops, sorry Groumphy, I should be search thread :"> It included now.

14) Link to WWW page of Form Designer --> in menu Help/Visit home page or in About window

Done in about window.

First of all - thanks for your work, Zedna, this really appreciated!

Many problems with parser are caused by incorrect support concatenated strings. This is on first place in todo.

Second problem - now parser looks whole script. For example, in project del_old_upd.au3 you have two separate GUIs, both are contain $progress control - so it's was converted twice.

I think best way to fix it - if parser will try to find multiple GUIs first, and then allow user to select what GUI should be converted.

Hi Lazycat. I like to help with this really great Koda :)

I know about string concatenating limitation but I don't think many problems are due to it, but you willl see it better - for example project Cerna.au3.

About my project del_old_upd.au3: There is only one GUI and progress bar is temporary created/destroyed in some functions called from buttons - only for display process of this function.

I'm looking forward to new versions of Koda :whistle:

Hi LazyCat,

I just ran into a bug in the latest Koda's XML generator. Here is what I was doing, I made a trivial dialog -- basic form with an OK and Cancel button, a frame with a list view inside the frame. Since I did not care about a control ID for the frame I told Koda that the frame's name was nothing. The following XML was generated which upon reopening with Koda caused Koda to reject the entire XML code for the dialog form.

<object type="TAGroup" name="">
      <properties>
        <property name="Left" vt="Int8">8</property>
        <property name="Top" vt="Int8">8</property>
        <property name="Width" vt="Int16">705</property>
        <property name="Height" vt="Int16">233</property>
        <property name="CtrlStyle" vt="Int32">1342308359</property>
        <property name="CtrlExStyle" vt="Int8">0</property>
        <property name="Caption" vt="String">Possible Selections</property>
        <property name="TabOrder" vt="Int8">2</property>
      </properties>

If I give the object a name by editing the XML code itself Koda is happy again.

<object type="TAGroup" name="Name_Frame">

Thanks

I just ran into a bug in the latest Koda's XML generator. Here is what I was doing, I made a trivial dialog -- basic form with an OK and Cancel button, a frame with a list view inside the frame. Since I did not care about a control ID for the frame I told Koda that the frame's name was nothing. The following XML was generated which upon reopening with Koda caused Koda to reject the entire XML code for the dialog form.

JackB, basically, you should not make name empty - at least now this is by design. This is incorrect, though latest XML reader should be tolerate to this situation, don't know why this is not work for you. Do you sure you use latest beta (this one http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2006.07.23.zip)?

There's a small problem with the progress bar.

If the the color is changed, the form is updated to reflect the selection, however the color property is not updated in the generated code.

Edit: grammer.

Edited by eltorro

Here is new beta.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2006.08.05.zip

I hope it close to release, at least global controls renaming not planned soon :whistle: So translators can update translations.

The only significant addition here - better support for updating data in the scripts. Now supported multiple GUI in script. When you open form, Koda try to find associated script (in form's folder). You can also open au3 files from Koda, that contain one or more GUI - corresponding forms will be opened.

Here is new beta.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2006.08.05.zip

Some problems with TabOrder editor:

1) all controls placed in groupbox should be in TabOrder editor instead of only that group box

2) list index out of bounds (0) when you deselect form in form list and then call TabOrder editor

3) TabOrder editor is empty after this sequence:

- create New form

- place edit and button on it

- call TabOrder editor

when you first click on form and then call TabOrder editor, then it's OK.

EDIT:

4) button "Manage" in "Advanced generate" dialog opens Options on wrong tab

Edited by Zedna

1) all controls placed in groupbox should be in TabOrder editor instead of only that group box

3) TabOrder editor is empty after this sequence:

- create New form

- place edit and button on it

- call TabOrder editor

when you first click on form and then call TabOrder editor, then it's OK.

This is correct behaviour. TabOrder editor operate with controls on one "level", i.e. controls that have one parent. So you have to call editor separately for form, group and tabsheet. This will be explained in help.

But I think, editor should show controls on their level even when selecting control, not only it's parent. This will be changed.

2) list index out of bounds (0) when you deselect form in form list and then call TabOrder editor

Rare situation, and possible only when calling TabEditor from main menu, but this is bug. Will try to fix it.

4) button "Manage" in "Advanced generate" dialog opens Options on wrong tab

Ups... fixed.

This is correct behaviour. TabOrder editor operate with controls on one "level", i.e. controls that have one parent. So you have to call editor separately for form, group and tabsheet. This will be explained in help.

But I think, editor should show controls on their level even when selecting control, not only it's parent. This will be changed.

OK I didn't know that TabOrder could be setup also for selected groupbox.

But your explanation is only for my number 1)

Number 3) TabOrder editor is empty after some sequence remain

OK I didn't know that TabOrder could be setup also for selected groupbox.

But your explanation is only for my number 1)

Number 3) TabOrder editor is empty after some sequence remain

I think that sequence is not matter here, this was due TabEditor logic. This changed now, so please try new version to be sure that we talk about one thing :whistle:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2006.08.07.zip

Hey LazyCat,

What am I missing when it comes to having Koda (August 05 version) insert the form code into my script (using SciTE editor)? I used to place my SciTE cursor where I wanted Koda to place the code, then close Koda (having told it to generate the code F9) and bang the code was there in my script. Doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

Thanks.